Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 21:01:46 +0200 (MESZ)
From:      "Hr.Ladavac" <lada@ws2301.gud.siemens.co.at>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee, terry@lambert.org, igor@jabber.paco.odessa.ua, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs. NT Stability

E-mail message from Terry Lambert contained:

> Other than some experimental code that I did which never made it
> into the UnixWare 2.x release, I don't know of *any* user/kernel
> hybrid threads implementations, sorry.

Isn't SunOS 5 threads over LWP's such a hybrid (at least according to
a rather ancient documentation which I had in hand.)

Linux VIPER was designed as such as well (but I will not talk about
long evaporated vaporware any more--sorry to have mentioned it at all,
bitter taste lingers pretty long.)

> This is probably something I will hack on (since I feel strongly about
> it), but like many things, I need to wait for other code integration
> before I can do anything about it.

I wish I had the time ...

/Marino