Date:      Sun, 24 May 2009 22:59:10 -0700
From:      Kelly Jones <kelly.terry.jones@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ps says process has been running for 49710 days

I use "/bin/ps -www -ax -eo 'pid etime args'" to see how long a
process has been running. This usually works fine, but I sometimes see
things like:

17469 49710-06:28:15 /usr/bin/fly -q -i [...]

indicating a process has been running for 49710+ days.

I originally thought that was the time from the Unix epoch, but it's
actually near 13 Dec 1901.

I can easily workaround this, but was curious if anyone knew more about it?