Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 11:08:41 -0500
From:      awdorrin@ictest.delcoelect.com (Albert W. Dorrington)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help locating spell/spellprog

Hi,

    I was recently given the task of porting some scripts from a Sun
 platform
to FreeBSD. Some of the scripts that needed porting use the 'spell' utility
to parse files. However, I cannot seem to find a version of 'spell' for
FreeBSD. (It exists on SunOS, Solaris and HP-UX.)

    The ispell utilities man page makes referance to spell, but as I said
above, I have not been able to locate the package yet.

    My questions are:

    1) Is spell/spellprog availible for FreeBSD?
    2) If not, is their some way I can use ispell (or another utility)
       to just return a list of words it cannot identify?

    The syntax our scripts use is: spell -b +local_dictionary input_file

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can give.

- Al