Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 2006 21:21:06 -0700
From:      Darrin Chandler <dwchandler@stilyagin.com>
To:        Charlie OBrien <cjobrien999@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newbee to freebsd, unix, etc...

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 08:10:05PM -0700, Charlie OBrien wrote:
> Hi, im Charlie in Tucson Arizona.
>
> Im trying to teach myself FreeBSD and this is what i have done so far.
>
> I have downloaded and installed  FreeBSD 6.1 onto my spare computer.
> i can boot the computer and login into the # prompt.
>
> how do i invoke the KDE windows environment?
>
> what are some other resources for me to learn the "how to do"...
> for example: how do i install applications.
>
> Im pretty proficient at using "microsofts" windows environment.
>
> any help is greatly appreciated.

The handbook is a great resource that covers almost all aspects of
running and configuring your system. It'll be a great help. Also, if you
weren't aware, there's a user group in Tucson! I don't recall the URL
just now, but if you have trouble finding it email me and I'll help you
get in touch.

dwchandler@stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |