Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 2002 15:05:16 -0600
From:      Sean Page <Sean.Page@epsb.ca>
To:        "'Sam Leffler'" <sam@errno.com>, art@pilikia.net
Cc:        "'freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: perlMX

I tried Version 1.x.x and found the exact same thing. Version 2 however, is
much more of an "out of the box" solution. The product ships with their
"SpamCheck" and "VirusCheck" filters and is ready to go literally within
minutes of installation, depending on how much you like to tweak things
(provided of course that you already have sendmail up and running with
milter support).
What might make this more advantageous than a free package is being able to
use their pre-built tools for actually managing filtered mail (for those
that will not tolerate lost mail in any shape or form). We may be finding
that those tools are still too undeveloped to be worth paying for the entire
package.
If there is interest, I'll try to keep the list posted on our findings. I
would like it if others who have tested PerlMx would share their feelings on
it.

Sean.