Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:43:20 +0900
From:      Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Old port recompiles needed (Re: Unknown symbol "__sF")

tlambert2> That's 3.4 hours saved on a 28.8K modem download time,
tlambert2> overall...  a 14% reduction in size.

The percentage doesn't matter.  If ISO image is compressed, user who
downloads the image may de-compress that image to burn (I don't know
any about the burner softwares which support compressed ISO image).
What's happen if there is no space to make de-compressed image on a HDD?

Also, the image size is still over 200MB; it is too large to fetch via
28.8k link IMHO (saving 3.4hours doesn't help either).  There are lots
of broadband connection services we can temporary buy (at airport,
starbucks, etc), so why not use it for large file downloads :-)

-- -
Makoto `MAR' Matsushita