Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 2004 00:15:40 +0200
From:      Maksym Marchenko <marchenk@in.tum.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.10 - something strange

Hello,

I've installed for a two days 4.10 on my laptop
And new kernel with options

options PNPBIOS
device  pcm  # for my onboard sound

device  wi  # for my Lucent ORiNOCO

(so was in 4.9 kernel also)

But in 4.9 my soundcard and wi0 worked perfectly
Now in 4.10 it worked very strange:
during boot-process it starts wi0 only about every 2-nd reboot(e.g. time -
50%)
and sound (I'm using KDE) - sometimes I hear *garbage* during
KDE-start-up, sometimes good sound; but even when I hear good
sound at start-up, later I want to hear mp3 (in the same X_session)
but I hear *garbage*. Then (for example in 10 minuts) I can hear
again *real* musik (e.g. mp3, wav). And vice versa.
So I don't know, what that can be ...

Can I handle this problem or the better way - back in 4.9???

May be someone already knew, how to make it right?
Or someone have the same problem?

Thanks in advance