Date:      Tue, 30 May 1995 15:32:47 -0700
From:      SUPERVISOR@alb.asctmd.com
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu, bens@jhbs.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:    Re: FreeBSD as Netware client? -Reply -Reply

> > You might have more feedback if you could configure a FreeBSD
system
> > as a tunnel to tunnel IPX/SPX over a TCP/IP connection to link remote
> > networks.  Do you have routing support?  Unfortunately, I'm not in
> > an environment where I can even test it any more.
>  > We use FreeBSD boxes to do basic IP routing, and we may have a
> requirement to route IPX as well. Does the code currently support this?

The above quoted portion of my message is a request for clarification on
this very issue.  8-).

I *believe* routing was supported the last time the IPX code was
discussed.  Unfortunately, I can't remember for sure and alternet has
been screwy for more than a week now, and it's near impossible for me
to verify one way or the other without a reliable net connect to one of
the places I archive crap.
If I remember correctly, the netipx code will route IPX packets between
two ethernet interfaces. I don't believe that the PPP driver was modified
support routing of IPX packets. I believe that the interfaces are
configured to route when more than a single IPX has been assigned with
ifconfig. I also believe that the program IPXrouted requires a little work to
be more sophisticated.