Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 20:42:52 -0700
From:      Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: test it up (somewhere)...

Well, you should face the fact that people simply DON'T read the charters
thoroughly before subscribing to mailing lists, and they are forgetful as
well.  There's no help for it, no cure for it, people will be people - they
*DON'T* RTFM when they can at all avoid it.

I agree with you that test messages are silly, the least someone could do
is post a message introducing themselves, which functions both as a test to
see if they're subscribed AND serves a useful purpose.  I just thought the
references to sticking things up orifices was a bit unnecessary, and didn't
serve any purpose other to antagonize the person who posted the test
message, and make YOU look not-so-good in the process.

I'll repeat what you said to me once:  Take it easy, you're among friends :-)

Tim

--
My web site starts at http://www.serv.net/~fewtch/index.html -
lots of goodies for everyone, have a look if you have the time.