Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 22:27:00 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD/OS webperf notes, anybody want to test FreeBSD?

On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Jaye Mathisen wrote:

> http://www.BSDI.COM:81/products/internet-server/benchmarks/webperf.html
>

> I would think we could do better.

And this is yet again me. I took a look at the MS supporting performance
test and found that, as a matter of fact, even in that damn test, NT
running IIS actually lost to BSDI in the CGI tests!

And running the Netscape server, it lost around 2x on the light and
medium CGI tests. So the test was actually all about comparing the Web
servers and showing that Netscape server is certainly not up to the
specs. The comparision with BSDI was just evil. The results with Apatche
on BSDI vs. IIS on NT are IMHO quite predictable and not suprising at all.

	Sander