Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:11:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        "Pedro J. Lobo" <pjlobo@euitt.upm.es>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Updated fxp VLAN patch for 4.2-RELEASE

<<On Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:46:07 +0100 (CET), "Pedro J. Lobo" <pjlobo@euitt.upm.es> said:

> - It doesn't modify if_vlan.c anymore. Instead, it uses ifi_hdrlen to tell
> if_vlan.c that it supports long frames.

This looks good -- but I'm a bit confused by this segment of code:

+ #if NVLAN > 0
+       ifp->if_data.ifi_hdrlen = sizeof(struct ether_vlan_header);
+ #else
+       if (sc->not_82557) {
+               ifp->if_data.ifi_hdrlen = sizeof(struct ether_vlan_header);
+       }
+ #endif

Can you explain the logic here?  (This seems to interfere with the
loadability of this module.)

-GAWollman