Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 22:01:06 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        Charles Henrich <henrich@flnet.com>
Subject:   Re: Sony Vaio 505T with Dayna Communicard/Linksys

Charles Henrich <henrich@flnet.com> probably said:
> I'm trying to get FreeBSD installed on a Vaio 505, to no avail.. I've tried
> both the PAO distribution, and a 4.0-current distribution (0918) with no
> luck... The PAO distribution will find the linksys card, but whenever you try
> and use it it comes up with device timeout's... The Dayna doesnt respond at
> all, unless I manually probe it with pccardc, but that again says device
> timeout.

Use PAO, memory 0xd8000, mask out interupts 1-9.
It may not e picking up the sound card in irq 5 and trying to put the
net card there.

My dlink 10/100 card shows up as a linksys and works fine in my 505TR.
Search the archives for all the install/kernel config details I posted
tha works fine on my laptop.

P.

--
pir               pir@pir.net      pir@shore.net      pir@net.tufts.edu