Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 1996 18:35:39 -0800
From:      Paul Traina <pst@cisco.com>
To:        julian@freebsd.org, hsu@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   gratuitous changes to db/hash.c for threadsafe operation?

Does anyone know why the "errno" value in the hash structure was renamed
to "error"?  This seems to be a gratuitous change that was made to the
hash code, and I'd like to reverse it out if no one has a particularly
good reason for its existance.

You two show up as reviewers of this code, so perhaps you can explain
it to me?

I've incorporated the latest version of the db code into the csrg branch
and would like to bring it into the mainline.  I'll preserve these changes
if they serve a purpose, but I see none served here after looking at this
pretty closely, so my default inclination is to revert the code to match
the original author's.

Paul