Date:      04 Dec 1999 18:46:26 -0800
From:      cgd@netbsd.org (Chris G. Demetriou)
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>, port-alpha@netbsd.org, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Q: Compaq, *BSD and 'Linux-only' AlphaBIOS (fwd)

Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com> writes:
> Anyone interested in this subject should consider purchasing the 'Green
> Book'- the Alpha Architecture Reference manual (now in third edition). It
> is absolutely indispensible for anyone working in this area.

Actually, now it's the Brown Book.  (And, before it was green, it was
blue.  8-)

I think the new color is rather nasty, but the third edition is more
complete and correct by far than the second (in addition to the new
chunks).

i keep my copy of the brown version in my living room, and of the
green version at work...  8-)

cgd