Date:      Thu, 2 Nov 2000 05:16:12 -0500
From:      "d3" <k_2_c_4_e@hotmail.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <k_2_c_4_e@hotmail.com>
Subject:   i can't start x

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C0448C.04665760

   Hi, i just installed freeBSD, and the installation wasn't too good =
cause my computer had this problem where the screen turned off by =
itself, and the lights and everything was still on, but anyways, I was =
able to install some stuff cause I kept doing installations (about 5 =
more) most of the error messages said, error on transfer to cpio =
process, try of 1024 bytes, and then at the bottom of the screen it said =
/mnt/usr :file system filled up, and I put about 800mb on the / and =
400mb on the /usr directory.
   But for my question, I have freebsd installed and I'm trying to run =
X, I type startx and I get the messages execue failed for =
/usr/x11r6/bin/x (errno2), then i get this message 6 times: =
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect : can't connect :errno=3D2, then after that i =
get this xinit: no such file or directory (errno2) : unable to connect =
to X server
xinit: No such process (errno3): sever error.
   Please let me know what i should do, thank you very much.
Moe.

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C0448C.04665760

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Hi, i just installed =
freeBSD, and the=20
installation wasn't too good cause my computer had this problem where =
the screen=20
turned off by itself, and the lights and everything was still on, but =
anyways, I=20
was able to install some stuff cause I kept doing installations (about 5 =
more)=20
most of the error messages said, error on transfer to cpio process, try =
of 1024=20
bytes, and then at the bottom of the screen it said /mnt/usr :file =
system filled=20
up, and I put about 800mb on the / and 400mb on the /usr =
directory.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; But for my question, I =
have freebsd=20
installed and I'm trying to run X, I type startx and I get the messages =
execue=20
failed for /usr/x11r6/bin/x (errno2), then i get this message 6 times:=20
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect : can't connect :errno=3D2, then after that i =
get this=20
xinit: no such file or directory (errno2) : unable to connect to X=20
server</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>xinit:&nbsp;No such process (errno3): =
sever=20
error.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Please let me know what i =
should do,=20
thank you very much.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Moe.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C0448C.04665760--