Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2006 08:52:19 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>
To:        Beni <beni@brinckman.info>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pflog0 question

> Hi all,
>
> Does pflog0 need to get an ip-address from dhcp ? From what I can see in
> dmesg, pflog0 can't get one (vr0 does) but pflog0 seems to be up and running
> (same for pf and pflogd).
>
> So how do I get an address for pflog0 (if needed) ? I'm using 6.1-STABLE.

I'm confused as to why you would _want_ to have an IP on pflog0.

It's just a pseudo-interface for using tcpdump to view pflogd's activity.
I can't see any benefit to assigning an IP to it.

If you do have a legit need to do so, you're going to have to assign it
a static.  Since it's not a real interface, it has no network connectivity,
and thus can't talk to any DHCP servers.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.