Date:      Thu, 2 Nov 2000 04:47:19 -0600
From:      "Matt Bedynek" <mbedynek@pdq.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Linux Q3DED And FreeBSD

Hello.

Quake III Arena (Q3DED) has crashed with the following error...

I do not know if it is a ID Software BUG, FreeBSD, or I need to make some
configuration change to the Linux emulation.

The error is:

clientDownload: 0 : begining "baseq3/thunda3dm1.pk3"
clientDownload: 1 : begining "baseq3/thunda3dm1.pk3"
clientDownload: 2 : begining "baseq3/thunda3dm1.pk3"
clientDownload: 5 : begining "baseq3/thunda3dm1.pk3"
clientDownload: 7 : begining "baseq3/thunda3dm1.pk3"
clientDownload: 3 : begining "baseq3/thunda3dm1.pk3"
clientDownload: 4 : begining "baseq3/thunda3dm1.pk3"
********************
ERROR: FS_HandleForFile: none free <-----------
********************
----- Server Shutdown -----
Sending heartbeat to master3.idsoftware.com
Sending heartbeat to master0.gamespy.com
Sending heartbeat to q3master.barrysworld.com
Sending heartbeat to master3.idsoftware.com
Sending heartbeat to master0.gamespy.com
Sending heartbeat to q3master.barrysworld.com
==== ShutdownGame ====

The thing to focus on is : ERROR: FS_HandleForFile: none free

Is this a Linux/LIB or FreeBSD error and it is something I can correct by
editing or adding a config option to ld.so.conf?

Thanks!
FREEBSD FOREVER!