Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:28:16 -0500
From:      "digithrope" <digithrope@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   installing freebsd on an imac

i seem to be having trouble installing freebsd 4.3 on my old 'b' imac.
i've downloaded an image, copied it to cd, and tried booting from it.
i've also tried booting from a cd containing the kern file and the boot
file.

when i boot from the cd-rom drive it seems like my machine is somehow
bypassing the "c" command on startup and simply boots into good 'ol os
9.1.

i've also tried restarting through the startup disk control panel but
since the freebsd disc doesn't contain a system folder, the startup disk
control panel won't let me select it to boot on startup.

do i need some kind of a different freebsd disc?  or could i have not
properly copied the files i downloaded?  (i burned the files onto a data
cd using toast)

any help would be much appreciated.