Date:      Sun, 11 Aug 1996 17:32:13 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        jon@ctasim.com ("Jon Doran" )
Cc:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISDN Recommendations Requested...

>From The Desk Of "Jon Doran" :
> I'm sorry to hear about Amancio's problems with his 50, but to reiterate, we'
ve
> been moving large amounts of data over our 25's.  If you have the HX version

Well, I send again today a problem report to Ascend and since I think
that they are going to support ip multicast on their routers -- they
should be more knowledgable about the nature of my problems .

I would say that we have to generate a poll so far it looks like the 25's
are okay however the Pipeline 50 and the old Pipeline 400 are not
reliable with heavy mbone traffic -- whatever that means at 128kbits/sec..

For short talks with Ascend, it seems that they treat udp different than
tcp so if you want to crash the Pipelines just send lots of UDP packets
thru the routers  that is send/receive.

	Cheers,
	Amancio