Date:      Sat, 24 Oct 1998 11:56:30 -0400
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: http://www.performance-computing.com/features/9810of1.shtml

Nice article, definitely.. I especially liked the choice of graphic art,
and the remark about Grandma's lung machine.. :)

I guess the big thing is, the little teenies playing "elite hacker" isn't
going to care about the whole GPL thing.  It'd be kinda cool to see the
ability to compile for any OS (ultimate compatibility) so you could tell
FreeBSD "Well this compiled on Solaris.." and set a flag..  The word on the
teen street is "FreeBSD can't compile smurf.c"..

I guess a clean-cut userbase is a little better than ones that want to
wreck stuff, but at the same time it's a +1 on the Linux side of things.. I
installed RHS for a week and immediately killed the box, as it goes I'm
playing with Solaris x86 (cost me 10 bucks, no args here) and I am still
rather distraught of its lack of a C compiler, gzip, etc. so that one is
clearly going out the door as well..

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange 207-942-0275
http://www.droo.orland.me.us
My Latest Kernel: FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT (ONEEX) #14: Mon Oct 19 22:36:58 EDT 1998