Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 2002 08:53:28 +1000
From:      "Allan McDonald" <allan@ozdaq.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ports upgrade

Hi,
there has been discussions on this list re-upgrading with make world etc,
and there is an execellent section on the docs about how this is done.. I
haven't had any problems with this.

Is there a recommended procedure to upgrade various ports, eg all installed
ports on ones system.
I know about the  ports-supfile  and I use that before installing a new port
that I think I need.  But for ports that I have already installed, is there
any set procedure to upgrade them all at once? or do a pkg_remove {port} and
re-install a fresh port individually for each port that is installed.

I hope this post is not too far out of the guidelines for freebsd-stable

Regards,

Allan McDonald