Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 23:57:24 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        dyson@iquest.net, jgrosch@mooseriver.com, brett@lariat.org, jasone@canonware.com, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, grog@lemis.com, kline@tera.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD at Windows Refund Day

At 10:35 PM 2/15/99 , Mike Smith wrote:
>> ... and the poor
>> BSD turnout relative to the Linux numbers (why didn't someone bring
>> the FreeBSD flag from the trade show materials at Walnut Cree CDROM?
>> Several CDROM people were there),
>
>One (I) was there.  The only "flag" I'm aware of is the 8' booth
>banner, which would have been near impossible to carry or display.
>
>As it was, I think almost every marcher and media face went away with a
>FreeBSD 3.0 CDROM, stickers, promo lit, and as much patter as Josef and
>I could manage to ram at them.  I also managed to interfere with ESR
>several times in order to get himself to correct his phrasing (linux
>-> relevant term), and stickered him on camera.
>
>> all in all a good way to spend a
>> Monday.
>
>Too cold for me, but certainly worthwhile.  Where were the rest of you
>lazy bastards?

I was here in my 'NOC' playing Forsaken.,  Because alas, I'm in Maine, and
all that people do here is 'play that nifty solitaire thingy that comes
with the computer'.

Sickening, I know.

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange, Bangor Maine USA
http://www.droo.orland.me.us

PGP DSS/1024 Public Key ID: 0x409A1F7D