Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2007 07:48:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Drew Jenkins <drewjenkinsjr@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question About Python Ports

Hi;=0AI'm rebuilding a server because of a hardware failure that has corrup=
ted various s/w, including the OS. The server I'm rebuilding was built by s=
omeone else. That person spent a lot of time developing a certain s/w packa=
ge that I haven't had time to study enough to claim any expertise. So, I ne=
ed to rebuild similar to how he built. However, he didn't understand FBSD's=
 port system. He built everything from source...including python. He has so=
me links in his s/w to the python dirs he built. I can easily put symlinks =
where his links are and build from ports...obviously my preference. However=
, I can't figure out *where* the ports build! That is, in a standard built-=
from-source python, one enters the dir, issues an "ls" and sees dirs like "=
lib", "etc", etc. Where are these dirs in a built-from-port python?=0ATIA,=
___________________________________=0ABored stiff? Loosen up... =0ADownload=
 and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games.=0Ahttp://games.yahoo.=
com/games/front