Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 2000 18:37:39 -0300 (EST)
From:      code segment <cseg@kronus.com.br>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   VIA 82C686 AC97 Audio card

Hi,

  I am trying to get my soundcard (VIA 82C686 AC97) to work under my freebsd
  box, but it seems to be not supported yet.  I tried compiling the kernel
  with pcm and csa devices enabled (with all combinations I could think of),
  and no luck.

  What still makes me feel like there's a light at the end of the tunnel is:

  torment/ttyv3:~% dmesg | grep -i ac97
  chip2: <VIA 82C686 AC97 Audio> port 0xe000-0xe003,0xdc00-0xdcff irq 11 at
  device 7.5 on pci0

  Well, what I'm trying to find out, is if there is support for this soundcard
  in the kernel already (and then, it's only my disability to configure my
  custom kernel properly), it is intended to have that support, or should I
  just go out and buy a decent soundcard?

  Thank you all in advance,
.cseg

--
This is what you get when you meet someone who has spent most of his/her entire
life, thinking.