Date:      Wed,  6 Jan 1999 15:08:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Iprobe: Alpha performance tool  (fwd)

Alfred Perlstein writes:

 > Is someone interested in this?  It's a performance meter for the Alpha
 > processor, it's GPL so it's probably good for the ports.
 >

>From a quick glance at tutorial that comes with the source, I'd say
that this sounds *VERY* much like DCPI.
(http://www.research.digital.com/SRC/dcpi/) If so, I'm very
interested.  Our research group has been using DCPI for quite some
time & has become quite dependent on it.  I may be able to convince my
boss to let me port this during normal working hours..

Let me look at the source a bit more & see if I can get official
blessing to work on this.

cheers,

Drew