Date:      Fri, 04 Aug 2006 19:38:12 +0200
From:      Svein Halvor Halvorsen <svein.h@lvor.halvorsen.cc>
To:        DW <spock@dwinner.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: .bash_logout and shutdown -- need ideas

--------------enig0168FF9F9B3BF3EFACA3730D

DW wrote:
> Just started using a .bash_logout script to handle doing my unison
:
> The problem with that though, is that the shutdown process runs as root=
,
> and just drops the system, and I'm never actually getting logged out as=

> much as booted out. So my .bash_logout doesn't run, and thus no unison
> unless I remember to run it manually first.
>=20
> Any ideas on how to work around this sitch?

At shutdown FreeBSD runs /etc/rc.shutdown. It seems that this script, by
means of /etc/rc.subr, will iterate all the files in (among others)
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/ and call them with the "faststop" argument.

Maybe you could just add a script in there?

(Actually, only files with a "# PROVIDES" line are considered, it seems,
so you should think about that).

	Svein Halvor