Date:      Tue, 30 May 1995 19:26:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Hittinger <bugs@ns1.win.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG

Terry writes:

> We need regional subscription and exploders, actually.  One exploder per
> country would help greatly:

I think this is probably the way to go.  We need to start considering
how to deal with things when the list size gets 5 to 10 times larger
than the current list sizes.

I belive 2.0.5 will be very a big boost in this process.  I am getting
a substantially increasing rate of questions from linux people that
are "trying" freebsd for the first time.  They load it and are quick
converts.   Are *we* ready to deal with *that*?  (yikes)

The core team is doing a great job, and the handling of communications
is going to get harder real soon.  I hadn't though of the problems
inherent in propogating news overseas.

Another idea is to have some "sup" directories containing archives of
the traffic.  Say /usr/mail/hackers/may95.archive, ect.  It would be
nice to be able to grep it all.

Regards,

Mark Hittinger
bugs@win.net