Date:      Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:41:40 -0500
From:      "Marco Greene (ML)" <mweg@sympatico.ca>
To:        "'Jonathan Farrugia'" <jonathan_farrugia@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: Question

>From the handbook....

version-bootonly.iso - Everything you need to boot into a FreeBSD kernel =
and
start the installation interface. The installable files have to be =
pulled
over FTP or some other supported source.=20

version-mini.iso - Everything you need to install FreeBSD.=20

version-disc1.iso - Everything you need to install FreeBSD, and as many
additional third party packages as would fit on the disc.=20

version-disc2.iso - A ``live filesystem'', which is used in conjunction =
with
the ``Repair'' facility in sysinstall. A copy of the FreeBSD CVS tree. =
As
many additional third party packages as would fit on the disc.=20

I usually use CD1.