Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 21:22:26 -0700
From:      Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
To:        higginsj@iname.com
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A first encounter with 'vi'

At 12:06 AM 6/16/98 -0400, you wrote:

>When DOS Edit can give me my macos, auto correction, and keybinds, I will
>use it.  Until then I will stick to vi.  Last time I checked DOS edit was
>still limited to 64k files.  They might have changed it in Win95/NT, but
>who cares, I have vi.

Just FYI... they did change it.  No longer limited to 64k.  Macros,
auto-correct, keybinds, etc?  Sounds like you need a word processor, not a
text editor (?).

>If you are that desperate for a better editor try EMACS, Jed, Jove, Joe,
>or pico.  Trying to piss people off is not a way to accomplish anything.

I'm happy enough with ee for casual text editing.  Pico is not offered as a
FreeBSD package (it may be in the ports collection tho, I dunno... I don't
have the ports collection installed due to no easy way to download tarballs).

--
My web site starts at http://www.serv.net/~fewtch/index.html -
lots of goodies for everyone, have a look if you have the time.