Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:16:21 -0500 (CDT)
From:      marc rassbach <marc@tandem.milestonerdl.com>
To:        pedro@qui.uc.pt
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Print Server Problem

I've beaten my head against this one in the past.  The below site helped
me solve it.

www.deja.com has had many posters to newsgroups asking about it over the
years.  Always a good source to look for an answer to a question.
(as this is not a FreeBSD issue per-say, hunting about for the words
JetDirect and ex3 will get you the data you sought.)

The other 2 ports are 9101 and 9102 on a direct telnet (as memory serves)

So you need a print driver that can establish a telnet session to the box
and push your data out to thoes ports.

The solution I used in the past (and now) is LPRng.  You can find this in
the extensive ports library.

You could also just get the ifhp part of LPRng and use that.  The DOCS for
LPRng go into this filter.
(And I just looked because I didn't remember the telnet address)