Date:      Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:41:21 -0000
From:      "Anthony J Knapp" <knapp.betton@virgin.net>
To:        "Rino Mardo" <helixfish@gmx.net>, "David Talkington" <dtalk@prairienet.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: beginners with bsd

----- Original Message -----
From: Rino Mardo <helixfish@gmx.net>
To: David Talkington <dtalk@prairienet.org>; Anthony J Knapp
<knapp.betton@virgin.net>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 7:42 AM

> Yes clear, thorough documentation is what attracted me and kept using
> FreeBSD (in spite of that ata0-master timeout I'm still having while doing
> make build -- sigh!).
>
> With Linux,  I feel it's becoming the M$ of the *NIX world as GOOEY here
and
> there are making the kernel bloated.  I guess it's just me coming from the
> old school of *NIX.
>
> My 2cents.
>

> -> who watches the watchmen?
>
> Key fingerprint - E619 726E 3815 7A48 EAC7  E49F DF93 4E33 B069 0883

Rino and David,

Many many thanks for your replies to my e-mail.    I'll get the book by
Lehey and see how I get on.  If nothing else it will keep my brain active in
my retirement.  No doubt I'll have to post questions about things I don't
understand so you'll probably see my name up here in the future with more
frequency than you actually desire!

Thanks again,

Tony