Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 21:33:52 -0500
From:      "Pedro Fernando Giffuni" <pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Success in a SONY VAIO PCG-F250 (Well... sort of)

Hi,
I am new to this list now that I have a notebook :-). I installed
FreeBSD 3.2R on my brand new SONY and I got X running.  The glideALPS
touchscreen (or whatever) also works well.

The modem is recognized by Windows 98 as an HCF Rockwell PCI modem (it
doesn't seem like a winmodem), but it's not recognized by FreeBSD. The
sound uses a Neomagic chipset that is not recognized either.

apm works well, but after getting back from suspended mode the external
serial mouse doesn't work (it doesn't work on Winblows either, so it's
surely not a bug in FreeBSD). Due to the modem problem I had to keep W98
in a partition, but at least it comes with a nice set of postscript
fonts. All in all I am happy.

thanks for all yee hard workers!

     Pedro.