Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 1995 11:18:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jan@bagend.atl.ga.us (Jan Isley)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com
Subject:   update on keyboard lockup with SNAP

It is definitely related to the number of keystrokes, sort of.
It just spent about two hours playing with the system with no
keyboard freeze.  And then it occurred to me that when it locked
up before I was changing windows a lot but this time I had not.
So, with four virtual terminals logged in and one finger on the
ALT key, with something going in each window, like vmstat, top,
etc, I switched windows about once a second ... for about one
minute ... then the keyboard froze.  Output from top continued
to the window I got stuck on.  Nothing, not even lighting the
caps lock light worked from the keyboard after that... had to
hit the reset button.
--
Jan Isley <jan@bagend.atl.ga.us>
coordinator, usenet volunteer votetakers