Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 11:05:13 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Jon Mah <jamah@cs.rpi.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.5 installation does not work.

[Edited down to questions - please don't spam 3 major lists with
 identical postings :-(  I should have trimmed the cc line myself
 in my last reply. ]

This, unfortunately, won't work without some major surgery to your
distribution tree.  The info files which describe how many pieces are
in each distribution used to be in the root floppy, but are now part
of the distributions themselves.  This fundamental change in
assumptions would break the 2.1R installer, and the only way I can see
actually making it work would be to move the 2.1R root.flp image into
the 2.1.5R floppies directory, unpack it someplace (it's a cpio file),
and then update everything in stand/info/* to match the layout of the
2.1.5R distribution, packaging it back into a root.flp image again.

					Jordan