Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 1995 10:08:33 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Andrew.Gordon@net-tel.co.uk, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS file locking

: > 2) Any work-in-progress that I might assist with?  Or any previous
: >    discussion of how this ought to be implemented in FreeBSD?
:
: I may be wrong, but I think that the answer to both of these questions
: is an unfortunate "no".  The prolific Ambassador Lambert may have some
: back-archives of previous discussions, given that he's been known to
: save such things.. :)

One thing to keep in mind is that Sun has produced multiple versions
of the lockd protocol, not all of them compatible.  At least that's
what people tell me who have done sustaining work for long periods of
time on the SunOS source base. :-(.

Warner