Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:19:49 +1000
From:      "Murray Taylor" <MTaylor@bytecraft.com.au>
To:        "Chris T." <cdtelting-ml@comcast.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: How big a flashrom for a minimal freebsd install?

Try these methods of 'minimising' FreeBSD

FWIW - I run 4.11 in 20M of a 32M Compact Flash card
with the build described here

https://neon1.net/misc/minibsd.html

The box acts as a network health monitor with SNMP and fping
utilities running, has a DHCP server running, a GSM modem daemon
and has about 100+ of the 'common' base install utilities an board.
Like tcpdump, vi, grep, comm, awk, the shells csh and sh ....
I have partitioned the CF card to have a 2M configuration partition
that is made writeable by rc.shutdown to save a list of my
.conf files and .sh files.

And I believe that you can run PERL in the 32M space if you want to=20
add it to the build list...

If you need 5.x or 6.x try these

http://www.ultradesic.com/index.php?section=3D86   for 5.x
http://www.ultradesic.com/index.php?section=3D125  for 6.x
=20

HTH

The information transmitted in this e-mail is for the exclusive
use of the intended addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please inform the sender and/or
addressee immediately and delete the material.=20

E-mails may not be secure, may contain computer viruses and
may be corrupted in transmission. Please carefully check this
e-mail (and any attachment) accordingly. No warranties are
given and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage
caused by such matters.

***This Email has been scanned for Viruses by MailMarshal.***