Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:52:32 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: status of 5.3 TODO items

--jtcAeju3WzRmRF+o

On 2004.09.22 04:14:30 +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
>  I would like to make sure the status of the following items
>  as the day of RELENG_5_3 branch is approaching...
>=20
> >   +--------------------------------------------------------------------=
----+
> >   |       Issue       |   Status    |  Responsible  |     Description  =
    |
> >   |-------------------+-------------+---------------+------------------=
----|
> >   |                   |             |               | The snd(4) and   =
    |
> >   |                   |             |               | pcm(4) drivers ha=
ve  |
> >   |                   |             |               | been renamed but =
    |
> >   |                   |             |               | their manual page=
s   |
> >   |                   |             |               | are still outdate=
d.  |
> >   |                   |             |               | sound(4) has to b=
e   |
> >   |                   |             |               | added and pcm(4),=
    |
> >   |                   |             |               | csa(4), gusc(4), =
    |
> >   | sound(4) related  | In progress | Simon L.      | sbc(4), and      =
    |
> >   | manual pages      |             | Nielsen       | uaudio(4) should =
be  |
> >   |                   |             |               | revised. Other   =
    |
> >   |                   |             |               | manual pages whic=
h   |
> >   |                   |             |               | refer to pcm(4) (=
if  |
> >   |                   |             |               | any) should possi=
bly |
> >   |                   |             |               | be revised, too. =
In  |
> >   |                   |             |               | addition, support=
ed  |
> >   |                   |             |               | cards list needs =
to  |
> >   |                   |             |               | be updated.      =
    |
> >   +--------------------------------------------------------------------=
----+
>=20
>  Simon, I think necessary changes have been committed.
>  Is this still in progress?

The sound infrastructure manual page (pcm(4)) and the existing device
manual pages have been updated, but there is still missing manual
pages for the rest of the sound devices.  Unfortunatly I currently
don't have that much time for FreeBSD, so I doubt will be able to work
more on this before 5.3 is released.

Anyway, I think this task can be marked as done, since the important
part is done (by ru).

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team