Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 1995 10:15:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jan@bagend.atl.ga.us (Jan Isley)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: update on keyboard lockup with SNAP

> It is definitely related to the number of keystrokes, sort of.
> It just spent about two hours playing with the system with no
> keyboard freeze.  And then it occurred to me that when it locked
> up before I was changing windows a lot but this time I had not.
> So, with four virtual terminals logged in and one finger on the
> ALT key, with something going in each window, like vmstat, top,
> etc, I switched windows about once a second ... for about one
> minute ... then the keyboard froze.  Output from top continued
> to the window I got stuck on.  Nothing, not even lighting the
> caps lock light worked from the keyboard after that... had to
> hit the reset button.

AHh.. okay, now you have given us something we can all go try.

Okay everybody out there who likes to ``break code'' please lay
on the alt key and bounce down F1->F4 once a second for a few
hours and let me know how many of you wedge....:-) :-).

I'll give it a test here later today when I am out in the burn
bench area testing machines...