Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 1997 19:56:28 +0200
From:      Philipp Reichmuth <chokepnt@prima.ruhr.de>
To:        Tom Jackson <toj@gorilla.net>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: K6 Update & AMD Statement

Tom Jackson wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 25, 1997 at 04:49:25PM +0200, Philipp Reichmuth wrote:
> > Hi folks!
> >
> > Good news for the K6: I just got mine swapped by my dealer; it was a
> > revision 9721 chip, and he swapped it for a 9735 chip. It now works
> > fine. I'll redo the make world for a couple of times the next weeks and
> > see what I'll get.
> >
> > Second good news: I wrote to AMD about it, and they seem genuinely
> > concerned with it, or so I gather from their mail. Here's what they
> > wrote (follows)
> >
> > Philipp
> >
> > ==================> begin AMD mail <============
> > (lots of mail)
> > =========================> End AMD Stuff <=========================
> >
> > (but please don't post all this into the wide world - it's a bit touchy
> > with personal email)
> >

> Have you ask him to contact David G to get a replacement to him so the
> evaluation results can be known to all of us?
>
> Tom

I have to apologize for being unable to read and write mail for the last
few weeks or so. Actually, my posting was the very last I was able to do
because of serious trouble with both the ISP I am working with and my
computer (mostly due to my own stupidity). This is why I haven't been
able to ask anybody anything.

My #9735 chip is working fine, though, so AMD seem to have got rid of
it.

I wonder if it makes sense to ask them this late.

Philipp