Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 1998 21:20:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Philipp  <philipp@globalserve.net>
To:        AAZ <187@leopard.com>
Cc:        Scott Sewall <scott@iprg.nokia.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help!

it's a short form for test, that's why it's linked to test, when in a
shell script you do the following

if [ -f /var/run/program.pid ]; then
	echo "program already running, exit.."; exit 1
fi

this is in it's long form written

if test -f /var/run/program.pid; then
	echo "program .." ..
fi

Hope that helps,

Peter Philipp (PP2441)
Globalserve System Administration
"How I wish you were here..." - Pink Floyd