Date:      Wed, 05 Jan 2011 02:35:33 +1000
From:      Dima Panov <fluffy@fluffy.khv.ru>
To:        Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: diablo-jdk- misses libodbcinst.so & conflicts libiodbc/virtuoso

Hello!

05.01.2011, 02:27, "Kurt Jaeger" <lists@opsec.eu>:
> Hi!
>
> Dima Panov write:
>
>> šjhell@dataix.net wrote:
>>> šReplace libiodbc with unixODBC
>>>
>>> šThey provide the same layer that virtuoso would need for ODBC.
>> šNope. unixODBC provide outdated API and lacks of some features,
>> šexist in libiodbc and required by virtuoso.
>
> Ah, interesting. What's the difference ?

Sorry, I'm not an odbc profi to provide a correct answer,
please search in virtuoso mailinglists, reasons was published AFAIR before switching to libiodbc.

> So a drive to  replace unixODBC in every port would be more useful ?

yes. anyway, unixODBC was staled some time ago, and now no reasons to continue support  it

qt4/kde4 was switched to libiodbc some months ago.

--
Dima Panov (fluffy@FreeBSD.org)
KDE@FreeBSD team

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?id=100000181104157