Date:      Tue, 18 Aug 1998 09:28:57 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au (Daniel O'Connor)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CAM problems..

Daniel O'Connor wrote...
> Hi,
> I am running 2.2-stable and I applied the CAM patch (19980716) so I could use
> the Adaptec 7895. I hacked up CDDA2WAV and it actually works(!) after I stole
> the CAM patches for cdrecord (which use the same scsi lib by the same author
> :). The problem is however, if I set it reading audio and then interrupt it I
> get ->
> vm_page_free: pindex(31), busy(0), PG_BUSY(0_, hold(1)
> panic: vm_page_free: freeing busy page
>
> I also got a panic with hold(7), and hold(3).

	That's odd.  My guess is that it has something to do with pages
that are mapped into kernel virtual address space in the passthrough driver
not getting properly unmapped when the application exits.  I'm not sure how
that could happen, though.

	I can't reproduce that behavior with tosha.  Can you send me your
patches to cdda2wav?  If I can reproduce it, I may be able to track it
down.  Does the panic happen every time, or just sometimes?

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com