Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 1996 10:34:28 -0600
From:      "Jason Hudgins" <Hudginsj@DCAR.Main.PO>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Source code distribution..

My companies webserver was running linux, but we just
had a nasty hard drive crash..so now I am installing
FreeBSD..I like it better, but I have a question with
regards to the source..how exactly it is organized??

Slackware was pretty easy for me to find what I was
looking for..a1 a2 a3 a4 etc for the base stuff d1 d2 for
developement...n1 n2 for networking packages..

How are these arranged for FreeBSD...if I needed to
patch a program...say for umount since it has/had
buffer overflow problems...Where would I look
for the source..short of downloading and
extracting everything..

Thanks..