Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 16:02:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Douglas Ambrisko <ambrisko@tcsi.com>
To:        julian@whistle.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: webbox with bsdi

Julian Elischer writes:

| > >       Is there a virtual disk system (memory based) in FreeBSD ?
| >
| > Yes.
|
| in -current,
| look at /usr/src/release/floppies.
|
| the boot floppy made there could easily be tailored to contain whatever
| you require.
| just duplicate teh 'boot' directory and edit it..
| (worked lat time I checked..
|
| Jordan, I went to a lot of trouble to separate out the disk production
| stuff and it worked fine last  I looked.
| your commnets that it didn't work are  a worry..
| can you tell me what was wrong?
| it's a lot simpler than teh current stuff and should be easier to
|  debug...

Over this last weekend I got my serial install floppy working and ran into
a bug in the script that makes a tiny file-system.  Your new method
works great and I made another change to crunch phase to use relative
paths instead of absolute.

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to get the patches together until Wed.

Doug A.