Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 06:51:39 +0200
From:      Mark Rowlands <mark.rowlands@minmail.net>
To:        Nate Puri <natepuri@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Satisfied w/ your desktop?

On Friday 27 October 2000 23:33, Nate Puri wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question for ya.
>
> In light of using the highly integrated Windows
> desktop or the Mac OS X desktop, what configurations
> for FBSD do you use that are comparable?
>
> I'm trying a lot of different stuff now.  XFce, KDE1,
> KDE2, GNOME, Afterstep, WindowMaker, BlackBox and a
> combination of apps that are better than 1.x.  I've
> tried them all. I'd just like to hear thoughts on what
> people use who have used their configuration for a
> long time now without switching.

Been using KDE for about a year ... tried a couple of others, Gnome for
example,found KDE good in terms of stability / functionality....I hear from
the gnomers that big strides have been made in stability so.......it maay also
now be worth a crack. but if a windows person asks me about using FreeBSD
for a personal computer  KDE is the one I am going to show them