Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 14:39:36 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        Peter Johnson <tam@hiddenrock.com>
Cc:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mounting ISOs

* Peter Johnson <tam@hiddenrock.com> [20001103 02:13]:
=>I'm trying to mount an ISO file, and I'm getting errors, any help would be
=>appreciated.  Here are the commands I'm running:
=>
=>vnconfig /dev/vn0c /tmp/image.iso
=>mount -t cd9660 /dev/vn0c /mnt
=>
=>The call to "mount" is exiting and telling me: "cd9660: Invalid
=>argument".  I've tried calling mount_cd9660 manually and it doesn't
=>provide any more useful information.

I was able to do it from info I got from the list.
First i compiled a kernel with

pseudo-device vn
Then I followed commands like you used....that is in 3.5_STABLE
vnconfig /dev/vn0c /usr/local/FreeBSD/4.1-install.iso
mount_cd9660 /dev/vn0c /mnt/

And it still works for me ;-)

Hope that helps.
=>
=>Thanks.
=>
=>Pete
=>
=>
=>
=>To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
=>with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke 5th Flr Furaha Plaza

If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in
reading it at all. -Oscar Wilde