Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 2008 04:35:55 +0100
From:      RW <fbsd06@mlists.homeunix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        camiloreyes82@yahoo.com
Subject:   Re: Java Dilemma

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:01:05 -0700 (PDT)
Camilo Reyes <camiloreyes82@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately after updating my portsnap; it did not work. Here is the
> error I get:
>
> $ firefox
> INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: SendRequest: Read of ack failed: 0
>
> System error?:: Unknown error: 0
> $ firefox
> INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: SendRequest: Read of ack failed: 0
>
> System error?:: Unknown error: 0
>
> It's interesting to note that you don't have to download the tzupdater
> tool from Java (which requires you to create an account with their
> site). In order to avoid getting that file just edit the Makefile
> prior to running make.

You don't have to do that, it's an option, just do a make config and
deselect it.

If you are trying to to get the browser plugin to work, it probably
wont. The diablo java ports are precompiled binaries, currently built
against FreeBSD 6, and this is one of the few cases where compat6x
doesn't help. You need to build java from source e.g. with java/jdk15.