Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 05:37:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      <satkal79@yahoo.com>
To:        Sperber <sperber@w3.brgkepler.asn-graz.ac.at>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tar files

Hi again,

The tar file is said to be a package. When i d/load
the file from
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/devel/m4.tar

it is by default in tar format. If I make it
m4.tar.tgz.. i still cant use the pkg_add .., the
error saying..it's not a package. How can I  add this
package??

Kalai

--- Sperber <sperber@w3.brgkepler.asn-graz.ac.at>