Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 08:59:40 -0500
From:      Richard Henry <RHenry@MVCC.edu>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   re : repost of SoundBlaster with details

I am trying to install a SoundBlaster AWE32 plug and play sound card under
FBSD4.1 RELEASE...

Kernel config entries:

DEVICE     PCM
DEVICE     SBC

Have also tried:

DEVICE     PCM
DEVICE     SBC0     at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1

When the kernel boots it detects the card at the same settings using the
SBC/PCM driver regardless of whether I specify port/irq/drq or not.

It also probes out the wavetable, gameport, ect...
It started working under gnome once then after a reboot it quit again..
I am thinking that it appears to be a resource conflict but I am not sure of
how to control reservation of irqs like I do under say Linux...

Any thoughts would be appreciated and even if it doesn't work the
speed/stability, not to mention increased memory management efficiency, is
well worth losing the sound.

Thanks again,

Rich Henry
rhenry@mvcc.edu