Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 1996 09:28:22 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        tcg@ime.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD CD Installation

Gary Chrysler writes:

> Greg Lehey wrote:
>>
> 	<chomp>
>>
>> BTW, Gary's reply could have been construed to suggest that you can
>> have more than one slave on an IDE interface.  That's not the case:
>> you can have exactly two configurations:
>>
>> - 1 drive only
>> - 2 drives; one master, one slave.
>>

> If thats how it read, I am sorry. That was _not_ my meaning!
> No you cannot have TWO masters or TWO slaves on the same
> interface! One must be master the other must be slave!

Watch my lips: "Gary's reply could have been construed to suggest that
you can have more than one slave on an IDE interface."  I didn't want
to imply that you had said that, but that's what I understood the
first time I read it through, and I wanted to make sure that nobody
else came to the wrong conclusion.

Greg